At Meadow View School, we know how important science is to help to prepare children for the future in our ever-changing world. Science teaches an understanding of natural phenomena. We aim to stimulate a child’s curiosity in finding out why things happen in the way they do. We teach methods of enquiry and investigation to stimulate creative thought. Children learn to ask scientific questions and begin to appreciate the way in which science will affect the future on a personal, national, and global level.
In science lessons our pupils:
• ask and answer scientific questions;
• plan and carry out scientific investigations, using appropriate equipment (including computers) correctly;
• know and understand the life processes of living things;
• know and understand the physical processes of materials, electricity, light, sound, and natural forces;
• evaluate evidence, and present their conclusions clearly and accurately
• learn about important scientific issues facing today’s world including single use plastics and climate change.